Khoren Bandazian is a Partner in the firm’s Real Estate, Zoning & Land Use Practice, Health Services and Cannabis Groups. He practices in all areas of commercial real estate redevelopment, acquisition, financing, leasing and sales. He also serves as counsel to lenders in connection with their real estate and asset-based lending.
Khoren has experience in large complex commercial real estate transactions representing developers in the acquisition and development of multi-family and mixed-use projects. He has represented owners in numerous sizable transactions, including multimillion-dollar industrial leasing transactions, complex redevelopment transactions and distressed asset acquisitions and sales. He has experience in numerous other areas including, but not limited to, community association law, serving both as a board member and in representing developers and associations in connection with the formation and management of community associations, health care transactions (including serving as board member to a skilled nursing facility) and commercial leasing matters and has been an adviser to numerous high-net-worth clients and companies for over two decades.
Khoren has extensive experience in counseling businesses, from formation and drafting of partnership, investor prospectus and related investment agreements and shareholder agreements, and he has advised clients from formation to liquidation of their business activities. In addition, he has represented clients on issues ranging from trademark infringement to corporate divorce. He works with his clients to achieve a business solution while always protecting their legal rights.
Khoren is an active leader in the Greater New York Armenian community, donating his time to improve the lives of the people living in Armenia. He has previously served as Chairman of the Armenia Fund USA, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to economic and infrastructure development in Armenia. He also serves on the board of the Armenian Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Emerson, NJ, and is working on the development of a new skilled nursing facility.
- Represented private owner in sale of industrial warehouse building in Northern New Jersey and subsequent multiple 1031 acquisitions
- Represented private family group in connection with $300 million ground lease of 1 million square foot warehouse space to national tenant
- Multiple transactions as lenders counsel to alternative financing company – frequently requiring closings in less than two weeks
- Representation of private developer in connection with a $55 million acquisition of 235-unit multi-family redevelopment site (requiring developer approval from municipality and new urban renewal entity formation)
- Representation of private developer in connection with a $73 million complex acquisition of multi-family development site requiring conversion to condominium as part of transaction
- Representation of numerous clients with respect to office leases in New Jersey, Chicago, Arizona and Texas
- Formation of Opportunity Zone Funds for clients for transactions in New Jersey and Florida
The Health Services Practice Group has been recognized in the Chambers USA directory in the Healthcare category.
25 Main Street
Court Plaza North
Hackensack, NJ 07601-7021
Pace University, Juris Doctor
Northeastern University, B.S.