Privacy, Data & Cyber Law
Rivkin Radler’s Privacy, Data & Cyber Law Practice Group can help your organization face privacy and cyber security threats with confidence. Our multidisciplinary team understands best practices and legal requirements across a wide array of business entities and industry sectors, such as healthcare, lawyers and other professionals, pharmaceuticals, manufacturers, distributors and service providers.
We help our clients anticipate, identify and close vulnerabilities where possible. And in the rare instance when a data vulnerability is exploited, we help our clients provide a swift response and remedy.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in advising clients on compliance issues related to HIPAA and the HITECH Act; negotiating contracts related to data, technology and cyber insurance; and litigating matters on privacy breaches, domain-name disputes, cybersquatting, freedom of speech, “click wrap” contracts, malpractice, attorney-client privilege, confidentiality and antitrust and trademark violations.
We can work with your organization to conduct a risk assessment, implement a compliance program, train your workforce and respond to any threats and breaches. We proactively counsel on how to collect, use, disclose and dispose of data and sensitive information in a way that maintains its privacy, security and accessibility. And our group will be there when, despite your best efforts, there is a loss of data.
Who we represent
- Online businesses
- Traditional businesses utilizing online portals
- Commercial consumers of technology solutions
- Computer consultants
- Hardware manufacturers
- Systems solutions providers
- Healthcare organizations
- Urgent care centers
- Concierge medical providers
- Independent Physician’s Association (IPAs)
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Provider networks
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Diagnostic and treatment centers
- Dialysis facilities
- Federally qualified health centers.
- Learning institutions and other organizations
- Not for profit schools of learning
- For profit schools of learning
- Charity/Public benefit organizations
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products
- Medical devices
- Consumer products
- Industrial and commercial products
- Software, hardware and systems providers
- Lawyers and law firms
- Computer and technology consultants
- Accountants and accounting practices
- Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Architects and Engineers
- Miscellaneous Professionals
- Directors and Officers
What we do
- Incident preparedness and response plans
- HIPAA, HITECH, FTC and FDA compliance
- Litigation including negligence, malpractice, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, unauthorized access, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, etc.
- Intellectual property: trade secrets, trademarks and copyright protections
- Cyber risk management
- Cyber insurance
- Management of privacy and data security audits
- Data and website policies, contract guidance and indemnification clauses
- Contract negotiations, including Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud resources
- Ethics and regulatory body responses
Rivkin Radler was named one of Long Island’s leading Internet & New Media Law Firms by Long Island Business News.