Real Estate, Zoning & Land Use
Multi-Family & Commercial Investment Transactions
Our real estate practice group brings their experience, creativity and business-minded approach to deliver results. We represent sponsors, owners, developers, operators, and investors in complex transactions, working with our clients to solve the myriad issues they face every deal. In addition, with our firmwide resources we help you work through corporate and tax challenges as they arise and develop solutions to address them.
We excel in all types and sizes of transactions, closing in New York, New Jersey and all over the country. In addition, our tax department is particularly skilled in all aspects of real estate taxation, 1031 exchanges, partnership taxation and in finding creative solutions to minimize the impact of taxes on a transaction. Our clients frequently note their appreciation for our expertise in addressing these issues and how we manage their deals.
With a robust real estate department and multiple offices in the New York Tri-State area, our team can assist you with virtually any issue you may face – from contract, tax, environmental, landlord/tenant, finance, partnership, leasing, and title to many others.
Rivkin’s attorneys have extensive experience in sophisticated and complex transactions, including:
- Multi-Family building acquisitions, sales, leasing and financing
- Redevelopment projects, urban renewal entity formation and PILOT negotiations
- Retail, warehouse and commercial leasing, development, sales, acquisition, and financing
- Real estate joint ventures and equity syndications
- Community associations, including formation and registration of condominiums and association management