Employment & Labor
Rivkin Radler’s Employment & Labor Practice Group offers decades of experience on a wide range of areas impacting employment relations. We work with in-house counsel, human resources professionals and management. Our employment and labor lawyers guide clients through complex federal, state and local laws and counsel our clients to creatively resolve disputes. When litigation is necessary, we aggressively defend our clients at trial.
Rivkin Radler’s Employment & Labor Practice Group is recognized and respected for our:
- Breadth of representation: Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, midsized companies and small businesses. We are proud to represent manufacturers, retailers, food service companies, technology companies, banking institutions, real estate management firms, construction entities, contractors, professionals, healthcare providers, municipalities and not-for-profit organizations.
- Wide-ranging experience: We guide our clients through the entire gamut of pre-hire and post-hire employment issues.
- Presence in every major forum: Our attorneys regularly represent clients before federal and state courts, arbitrators, mediators and federal, state and local agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York State Division of Human Rights and the New York City Commission on Human Rights.
- Proven track record of results: We have successfully tried major cases concerning employment discrimination, pension disputes, non-compete agreements, theft of trade secrets and other employment-related issues. We have also successfully represented clients in hundreds of labor negotiations.
- Prominent programs: We regularly provide Continuing Education seminars and workplace training programs to lawyers, accountants, healthcare professionals, trade associations, insurance companies and other groups. Attorneys in our Employment & Labor Practice Group have served as co-chairs of the Labor and Employment Law Committee of the Suffolk County Bar Association and on the Commercial Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association. Our partners have also served as adjunct professors at Hofstra University’s School of Law, New York Institute of Technology and other institutions of higher education.