Technology Errors & Omissions
Rivkin Radler’s professional liability lawyers have an astute understanding of the challenges presented when the law intersects technology. We have been involved in technology litigation since the earliest commercial application of the Internet. Our technology clients have included:
- Internet Service Providers
- Domain name registrar, contributed content host, content providers, Internet services such as SEO and web design, etc.
- Computer Science and Software Designers
- Computer language translation tools, application designers, web designers, etc.
- Service Providers
- Software and systems technicians, application services and support, information technology services, training and support, etc.
- Technology-Driven Product Manufacturers and Distributors
- RFID location system, GPS route mapping, remote transcription services, eye surgery
We have assisted our clients in understanding their risk for cyber or other data breach, particularly in regard to the heightened obligations of regulated professionals, and in analyzing cyber-insurance policy terms.
Our attorneys have experience representing leading-edge Internet, computer science and technology clients in state court, federal courts throughout the country as well as international alternate dispute resolution tribunals such as the World Intellectual Property Organization (“WIPO”) and National Arbitration Forum (“NAF”). From multinational corporations to local computer and software design consultants, we have successfully litigated cases involving domain name disputes, contract disputes, cybersquatting, cloud computing, online and “click wrap” contracts, “shrink-wrap” agreements, freedom of speech, antitrust and copyright and trademark violations. Our attorneys have also been on the forefront in drafting technology and online contracts on behalf of technology vendors and consumers, as well as policies or terms of service for use on clients’ websites.