Insurance UpdateFebruary 17, 2021 |
Our February insurance update discusses several issues involving first-party and third-party insurance claims.
- The Florida Supreme Court answers a certified question about the type of damages available to first-party litigants in breach of insurance contract cases.
- The Tenth Circuit considers the breadth of an earth movement exclusion and whether damage caused by a rolling boulder falls within its scope.
- A Texas appellate court provides some guidance on a difficult and recurring issue: Is there an “occurrence” when an insured acts under a mistaken belief of authority?
- An Indiana federal court decides whether a bankruptcy proceeding is a “suit” and whether it triggers an insurer’s defense obligation.
- A Missouri federal court addresses whether a products-completed operations exclusion applies to a bodily injury claim arising from an exploding battery.
- Courts in Pennsylvania and Rhode Island discuss coverage for claims involving home heating oil releases.
We hope that you find these cases informative.
Robert Tugander and Greg Mann
- Robert Tugander
- Greg E. Mann