Insurance UpdateDecember 17, 2020 |
Here is what we cover in our December Insurance Update.
- In a case of first impression, the Illinois Supreme Court construes a mechanical device exclusion in an auto policy.
- A New Jersey federal judge considers whether an insured is covered under its E&O policy for an email spoofing scheme.
- Federal courts in California and Pennsylvania take a look at Advertising Injury coverage; specifically, whether a copyright dispute was a “suit,” and whether an alleged false advertising campaign amounted to disparagement.
- And speaking of false advertising, a federal court in Missouri considers whether a claim grounded in misleading marketing of sugary cereals presented a claim for “bodily injury.”
- A Texas federal judge decides whether 124 food poisoning claims from the same restaurant resulted from a single occurrence or multiple occurrences.
- And we close out the issue with two Ohio Appellate Court decisions – one on fortuity and the other on vertical exhaustion.
We hope you enjoy the update and the holidays even more.
Have a healthy and happy holiday season.
Rob Tugander and Greg Mann
- Robert Tugander
- Greg E. Mann