DiGennaro Speaker at NYSBA’s Risk Management ProgramOctober 5, 2018 |
Janice DiGennaro will be a speaker at the New York State Bar Association’s Risk Management 2018.
The New York State Bar Association is pleased to present Risk Management for Lawyers.
Designed for all practicing attorneys regardless of their level of expertise, this program will
provide practical tips to help improve your practice and lessen the possibility of a malpractice
claim or grievance. The program includes an overview of the New York Rules of Professional
Conduct, disciplinary rules, recent developments and cases of interest. Earn 4.0 MCLE Ethics
credits while getting up-to-date tips from experienced practitioners and consultants.
Janice’s topic, “Relations with Others, including Partners and Non-Clients” will focus on
- Integrity in dealing with non-clients – Standards of Civility
- Intra-firm relationships and dealing with partners
- Supervisory responsibilities of law firms and attorneys
- Scope of supervisory responsibility of lawyers
- Ethical issues facing newly admitted attorneys
- Stress management and Lawyer’s Assistance Programs
- The “innocent” partner
- Lawyer advertising and marketing
The program will be held on October 5, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at L’Abbate Balkan Colavita & Contini, LLP, 1001 Franklin Ave., Garden City, NY.