Cannabis License Application Deadline ApproachingNovember 22, 2023 | Tamika N. Hardy | Bryan Ramdat |
If you are applying for a cultivation, processor, distributor, dispensary, or microbusiness license, applications are open and you must submit your application on or before 5 pm, December 18, 2023.
To submit an application, the applicant must have control of an eligible property (i.e., with a deed or lease at the time of applying). Applications are processed through the New York Business Express portal. A NY.gov account is required to complete the application. Application and license fees are determined based on a variety of factors including whether the applicant qualifies as a Social and Economic Equity (SEE) applicant. Additionally, True Party of Interest (TPI) determination will need to be completed.
Currently, there is no timetable for when the next round of applications for licenses will open after this round is complete.
Our attorneys can help with the application process.
Our attorneys are also available to assist all categories of applicants in any phase of the application process:
- Applicant & Investor/True Party of Interest (TPI) eligibility determination
- Social and Economic Equity (SEE) eligibility determination
- Retail Property Eligibility Determination & Notice to Municipality requirements
- Entity formation, operating and partnership agreements
- Community board meetings
- Labor Peace Agreements
- Management Services Agreements
- Lease negotiations and property acquisitions
- Tamika N. Hardy
- Bryan Ramdat