Rivkin Radler Lunch-and-Learn Series: The Impact of Stark Law and AKS Changes on Compliance in Real Estate TransactionsJune 21, 2021 | | |
Please join us as Rivkin Radler attorneys Benjamin P. Malerba and Ada Janocinska discuss key compliance considerations under the federal Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) and Stark Law as they relate to real estate transactions.
The presentation will provide:
• An overview of the changes in the laws
• Practical examples of when these laws would apply to real estate transactions
• The requirements for a rental of office space arrangement to fall under an AKS safe harbor and Stark exception
• How the COVID-19 pandemic has affected compliance with these laws
• The CMS and OIG waivers relating to COVID-19
The program will be moderated by Robert Hussar, a partner in Rivkin Radler’s Compliance, Investigations & White Collar and Health Services practice groups.
We expect that participants will be eligible for 1 CCB credit.
Date: Wednesday, July 7
Time: 12 – 1 pm
Location: Via Zoom
The Zoom link will be provided upon registration.
Also, please mark your calendar for this upcoming lunch-and-learn program:
August 12 — Responding to Information Requests by Healthcare Payers and Regulators: Do So after Deliberation (Christopher Kutner and John Queenan)
- Robert Hussar
- Ada (Kozicz) Janocinska
- Benjamin P. Malerba