Lunch & Learn Series: A Refresher on Form 990: Tips and Traps for Tax-Exempt OrganizationsMarch 31, 2022 | |
Please join us as Louis Vlahos and Bernadette Kasnicki provide a refresher on preparing Form 990, the tax return for tax-exempt organizations. We will review:
- The 990 tells an organization’s story, including its mission and how is it accomplished
- The audience to which the story is told includes the IRS, States Attorneys General, potential donors, other charities, and the general public
- For that reason, it is imperative that directors and officers be familiar with the items disclosed on the 990
- They must verify the accuracy of this information and they must ensure it is complete
- The time for familiarizing oneself with the items on the return is not after the close of the tax year for which it is being filed but, rather, at its inception
- The 990 should be taken as guide regarding how to contemporaneously plan for and record corporate decisions and activities, including how to deal with insiders, related parties, and potential partners
The program will be moderated by Robert Hussar, a partner in Rivkin Radler’s Compliance, Investigations & White Collar and Health Services practice groups.
Participants will be eligible for 1.2 CCB credits and 1 CLE credit in Professional Practice.
Date: Thursday, April 14
Time: 12 – 1 pm
Location: Via Zoom
The Zoom link will be provided upon registration.
- Robert Hussar
- Louis Vlahos
- Bernadette Kasnicki