Janice DiGennaro to speak at NYSBA CLE entitled, “Legal Malpractice 2013-Professional Liability Claims, Litigation Strategies and Ethics”March 8, 2013 |
Janice DiGennaro, a partner in the firm’s Professional Liability Practice Group, will be a featured speaker at the New York State Bar Association’s CLE entitled, “Legal Malpractice 2013 – Professional Liability Claims, Litigation Strategies and Ethics.” Ms. DiGennaro’s topic is entitled, “Common Defenses To The Malpractice Action and Related Causes of Action.”
Lawsuits against lawyers arising from errors and/or omissions in the performance of legal services are on the rise. It is now an integral part of a law firm’s business practice to evaluate its legal risk and malpractice insurance needs. This program is designed to educate attorneys on how to presecute and/or defend a legal malpractice action. In addition, this program will educate attorneys about their legal malpractice exposures, what they should do in the event that a lawsuit is filed against them, and what they should do when situations arise that indicate that a legal malpractice claim is likely. Both solo practitioners and members of larger firms would benefit from knowing how to assess professional liability risk and manage legal malpractice litigation.
You will learn to
- Identify potential legal malpractice claims and avoid professional liability risk;
- Respond appropriately when you are aware of a situation that could reasonably lead to a legal malpractice claim, or when such a claim is made or threatened against you;
- Identify the main elements of a legal malpractice suit;
- Prosecute and defend a legal malpractice action through trial; and
- Interact with professional liability insurance companies.
This program will bring you up to date on these important issues. Earn 3.0 MCLE ethics credits and 1.0 credit in areas of professional practice/law practice management.