Celeste Butera to speak at NBI’s Litigation Insurance seminarDecember 6, 2012 | |
Celeste Butera, a partner in Rivkin Radler’s Insurance Coverage & Litigation and Intellectual Property Practice Groups, will be a featured speaker at the National Business Institute’s seminar entitled, “Litigation Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish.” Ms. Butera’s topic is entitled, “Settlement Strategies.”
This seminar is a basic to intermediate level program designed for attorneys; in-house counsel; insurance claims professionals; and paralegals.
Insurance litigation procedures and challenges are as diverse as they are extensive. Do you have all the knowledge you need to effectively navigate the system? This engaging overview will walk you through the litigation process step-by-step and simplify some of the more confusing issues of coverage and settlement strategy.
- Learn to speak the language of the insurance world in the legal context and become more successful in negotiations.
- Explore the insurer’s duties and insured’s rights and protections and gain practical tips for pursuing compliance.
- Review sample policy language and learn to spot red flags.
- Discover the most common disputes arising over triggers of coverage and hear how seasoned attorneys handle such challenges.
- Get detailed instruction on what to include in your initial filing for a strong case opener.
- Find out when a dispositive motion has the best chance of success.
- Learn what motions and pleadings will propel your case forward and get sample language to make their drafting easier and more effective.
- Find out what major considerations come up in arguing “ambiguity in policy” and “actual controversy” and how to effectively counter them.
- Prepare for your day in court – understand the peculiarities of the insurance coverage trial and improve your courtroom performance.
- Delve into the complex challenges of conflicts of interest and get actionable strategies for protecting your professional reputation.
This program will be held at the Melville Marriott Long Island, 1350 Old Walt Whitman Rd., Melville, New York. To register, click here: http://bit.ly/SuKoRV.