Rivkin Radler advises and represents corporate and personal clients in a variety of business immigration matters. We represent corporate clients seeking temporary immigration status for their executive, managerial and professional employees through nonimmigrant visas, such as H-1B Visas for highly skilled workers in specialty occupations, L Visas for intra-company transfers engaged in specialized employment, O Visas for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability, E Visas for treaty traders and investors, P Visas for entertainers and athletes, and T & N Visas for highly skilled Mexican and Canadian professionals.
We also represent individuals seeking permanent residency (also known as a “green card”) through consular processing and adjustment of status. In connection with applications for permanent residency, we advise corporate clients seeking permanent residency and a labor certification through the Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) system for employees. We also represent individuals seeking permanent residency through marriage to a United States citizen.
Working together with our Labor and Employment practice group, we advise corporate clients on compliance with E-Verify and Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. We perform comprehensive audits to ensure I-9 compliance and avoid discrimination lawsuits.
Corporate clients depend on us to apply for and provide strategic advice regarding temporary work visas for employees. Examples include:
- H-1B visas for highly skilled workers in specialty occupations. Employers in the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) industries routinely sponsor recent college graduates for H-1B visas.
- L visas for intra-company transferees. L-1 visas allow executives, managers and employees with specialized knowledge to transfer from a foreign company to an affiliated U.S. company.
- O visas for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. O visas were designed for those who have reached the top of their field and can lead to lawful permanent resident.
- P visas for entertainers and athletes. P visas allow entertainers and athletes to enter the United States for a limited duration to perform.
- TN visas for highly skilled Mexican and Canadian professionals. TN visas, which are issued pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), are only available for certain professions, but they offer employers tremendous flexibility due to the expedited application process and the potential for indefinite renewals.
Corporate clients also rely on us to file applications to sponsor employees for lawful permanent residence through the PERM process. Before, during and after the application process, we advise corporate clients on compliance matters, including document retention for E-Verify, Employment Eligibility Verification, public access files related to H-1b visas and PERM labor certifications.
Investors depend on our strategic advice about available immigration options. Due to the many options available to investors, we describe the risks and opportunities associated with each, which includes:
- E visas for treaty traders and investors, pursuant to bilateral trade agreements
- Lawful permanent residence through the EB-5 program for investors
- Lawful permanent residence through the EB-1 program for executives
- Lawful permanent residence through the EB-2 program with national interest waiver
This strategic advice helps investors make business decisions that align with their personal and business objective for the short-, medium- and long-term.
After providing the necessary strategic advice, we craft the strongest possible applications by leveraging our experience, legal judgment and legal analysis of the statutes, regulations and administrative appeals decisions.
Individuals also hire us to provide high-end, personalized legal services related to the sponsorship of spouses, fiancées, siblings, children or parents. In addition to preparing the strongest possible applications, we provide first-class customer service, giving clients peace of mind during the intense, emotional experience of sponsoring a close family member.