Cassandra Rivais DiNovaAssociate
Cassandra Rivais DiNova is an Associate in the Health Services Practice Group in the Albany office. She represents various healthcare providers on regulatory and transactional matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Cassandra completed a two-year clinical ethics fellowship at Alden March Bioethics Institute of Albany Medical Center. She performed clinical ethics consultations to resolve various types of disputes in the clinical setting and provided ethics education for medical students. She has provided various forms of educational services, ranging from in-house staff training, guest lectures at Albany Law School, and undergraduate nursing students courses. She previously worked Of Counsel in medical malpractice defense.
Cassandra has authored and co-authored many publications, including:
- Were the ‘Pioneer’ Clinical Ethics Consultants ‘Outsiders’? For Them, Was ‘Critical Distance’ That Critical?,” American Journal of Bioethics
- “The Opioid Epidemic is Not New: Time to Change the Practice of Medicine,” 11 ALBANY GOV’T L. REV. (Fall 2017)
- “The Painful Reality of Caution in the Context of Managing Pain During Pregnancy,” 22:2 NYSBA HEALTH L. J. 26 (The Young Lawyers Committee: Provocative Topics in Health Law, Summer 2017)
- “Let’s Talk about Truvada, the HIV Preventative,” 21 NYSBA HEALTH L. J. 62 (Spring 2016)
- “Embracing Disruption: How Technological Change in the Delivery of Legal Services Can Improve Access to Justice,” 78 ALB. L. REV. 553 (2014).
Cassandra is also a frequent contributor to the firm’s electronic health law news bulletin, Rivkin Rounds, available here.
While attending Albany Law School, Cassandra served as Executive Editor for the Albany Government Law Review, Volume 9 and was President of the Health Law Society. During law school, Cassandra worked as a legal intern for the New York State Attorney General’s Health Care Bureau where she mediated insurance disputes between consumers, providers, and insurance companies.
The Health Services Practice Group has been listed in the prestigious Legal 500. The practice also has been included in the Chambers USA directory in the Healthcare category.
66 South Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12207
New YorkCourt Admissions
United States District Court for the Northern District of New YorkBar Affiliations
American Health Law Association
New York State Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Committee, Health Law Section
Capital District Women’s Bar Association
New York City Bar Association
Women’s Business Council, Capital Region Chambers
American Society for Bioethics and HumanitiesEducation
Albany Law School, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College, M.S.
University at Buffalo, B.A.