Paul Majkowski Speaker at Chemical Products Liability & Environmental LitigationApril 29, 2014 | |
Paul Majkowski, a partner in the firm’s Litigation & Appeals and Product Liability & Toxic Tort practice groups, will be a speaker at the American Conference Institute’s 5th National Forum on Chemical Products Liability & Environmental Litigation.
Best practices for defending complex and novel cases, making demonstrative evidence compelling to juries, and crafting a winning overall defesne strategy.
Mr. Majkowski’s topic is “Following the Benzene Model: Defeating the Causal Link of Pesticides and Cancer.”
This session will cover:
- Using benzene trial strategy to successfully try pesticides cases
- What are common issues?
- Advantages and disadvantages of following a similar trial strategy
- Turning the tables: Using studies linking pesticides to cancer to your advantage
- Challenging the causal link of pesticides and work-related leukemia
- Using benzene trial strategy to minimize the effect of studies
- Comprehending the causation issues of dose and causal link to strengthen your defense.
- Understanding the science behind the physical manifestations of exposure and injury
- Known cancers associated with exposure
- Creating arguments that will resonate with modern juries when defending Silent Spring era chemicals (banned in 1980) in 2014
- Working with experts to defeat toxicology results from historic exposure
- Overcoming sohisticated juries and their bias about known harmful chemicals
For more information visit www. americanconference.com/chemproducts.