John Diviney on Panel at the 23rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference – Law In the Workplace 2013June 7, 2013 |
John Diviney, a partner in the firm’s Employment & Labor Practice Group, will be part of a panel discussion at the 23rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference – Law in the Workplace 2013, a day long symposium on Employment Law and Public & Private Sector Labor Law. Mr. Diviney’s topic is “Exempt or Non-Exempt under the FLSA – You Decide?” Common fact patterns will be analyzed and discussions will include a review of recent litigation trends involving misclassification issues under the white collar exemptions to the FLSA.
Program highlights include:
- Prominent keynote speakers on timely workplace issues
- A view from the Bench
- The Interplay between ADAAA and FMLA
- FLSA – a closer look at white-collar exemptions
- Trends in the NLRB
- Updates: Employment Law and Public Sector Labor Law
- Public or private sector workshop
- Ethical practice of employment law
This program is appropriate for attorneys; labor relations specialists; union and management representatives; human resource managers; business owners and executives; municipal leaders and employees; and others interested in employment or labor law.