Jeff Greener presents at an NBI seminarJune 11, 2013 |
Jeff Greener, a partner in the firm’s Trusts, Estates & Taxation Practice Group, co-presents at the June 11 NBI seminar entitled, “Estate Planning from A to Z.”
A Detailed Overview of Estate Planning Procedure and Strategy
Do you have all the knowledge and skills you need to draft tailored testamentary documents and minimize taxable estate for each of your clients? This two-day comprehensive course will become your ultimate guide to estate planning. From client intake through tax planning and business succession strategies, you will receive tips, sample forms and answers to your most pressing questions to help you excel. Get the latest knowledge on effective will and trust planning techniques ? register today!
- Get two full days of estate planning training, so you can help clients protect and transfer assets exactly as they intend.
- Get practical will and trust drafting skills to speed up the process and give the testator’s last wishes power.
- Stave off conflicts of interest with a clear determination of who your client is from the start.
- Explore the pros and cons of using a revocable living trust in the will’s stead and find out when it’s a better option.
- Explore the functions and mechanics of major trust structures ? and make certain you choose the right tool for each job.
- Give each provision full power with precise word choices ? get sample forms to speed up the process.
- Make sure your remarried and unmarried clients know the default inheritance laws and help them make sure the right beneficiaries are assigned.
- Minimize the taxable estate with effective tax planning techniques.
- Phrase the fiduciary and beneficiary designations to leave no room for interpretation.
- Help your clients make the tough medical decisions regarding long-term care, end-of-life and organ donation.
- Learn how to verify and document the testator’s competency to close the door on any potential will contests.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level two-day seminar is designed for:
- Estate and Financial Planners
- Trust Officers
- Tax Preparers
- Client Screening and Intake
- Key Elements of Effective Wills
- Basic Tax Planning
- Documenting Long-Term Care, Incapacity and End-of-Life Decisions
- Planning for Unmarried and Remarried Couples
- Business Succession Planning
- Trusts 101
- Who is the Fiduciary?
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Trusts Used for Tax Reduction ? Drafting Tips and Samples
- Grantor Trusts
- Ethical Considerations
Continuing Education Credit
Credit Hrs State
CLE 14.40 – NJ*
CLE 14.00 – NY*
Continuing Professional Education for Accountants ? CPE for Accountants: 14.00 *
* denotes specialty credits
register online at www.nbi-sems.com