Greener to Speak at NBI Seminar entitled, “Tax Exempt Organizations From State to Finish”June 17, 2014 |
Jeffrey Greener, a partner in the firm’s Trusts, Estates & Taxation practice group, will be a speaker at the National Business Institute Seminar’s entitled, “Tax Exempt Organizations From State to Finish,” Mr. Greener will present, “Establishing Tax-Exempt Status With the IRS.”
This presentation will cover:
- Nonprofit vs. Tax Exempt
- Determining the type of tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code
- 501(c): publicly supported or private foundation?
- IRS application process for 501(c)(3) – Form 1023
- the importance of the narrative description of activities
- submitting the budget: what you need to know
- other traps for the unwary
- retroactive applications for existing organizations
- IRS application process for other 501(c) categories that qualify for exemption
- Required annual or periodic federal/state/local filings
This basic level program provides an orientation to the legal and tax nuts and bolts of exempt organizations for attorneys; CPAs and accountants; tax managers; registered tax return preparers; in-house counsel; nonprofit organization directors and officers; nonprofit organization bookkeepers and controllers; and paralegals.
This course has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the NYS CLE Board for a maximum of 8 credit hours, of which 7 hours can be applied to the areas of professional practice and 1 hour can be applied to ethics and professionalism requirement.
For more information on the entire program, including additional credit information, and/or to register, visit www.nbi-sems.com.