Eisenmesser & Greener present CPE accredited programAugust 7, 2015 |
Scott Eisenmesser and Jeffrey Greener, partners in the Firm’s Trusts & Estates Practice Group, present, “In Whom Do YOU Trust? The CPA as Executor or Trustee and The IRS Tax Collection: Tales from the Crypt,” a two part program that is accredited for 1.5 CPE credits each.
The first program will cover the overview of best practices, problems and pitfalls that CPA fiduciaries must be aware of before they accept appointment as executor or trustee including:
- Ethical responsibilities of executors and trustees including the duty of loyalty, care and obedience;
- how and when commissions are paid;
- how and when commissions can be withheld;
- penalties for breaching one’s fiduciary duty; and
- an overview for best practices for fiducaries.
The second program with exam the IRS and NYS tax collections process including settlement procedures, administrative remedies, interest and penalties and collection, using actual case examples, including:
- The steps that the IRS can take to enforce a liability;
- who at the IRS is responsible to collect taxes;
- defensive measures against the IRS when your client cannot pay taxes and the IRS has commenced collection; and
- what to do when your client owes trust funds on account of misappropriation of payroll taxes.
There is no cost to attend. Seating is limited. To attend, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1.