DiGennaro Presents at New York State Bar Association’s Legal Malpractice ConferenceFebruary 17, 2017 | |
Janice DiGennaro presents at the New York State Bar Association’s Legal Malpractice Conference entitled, “Professional Liability Claims, Litigation Strategies, Attorney Discipline and Ethics.” The conference will be held on March 31 at the Melville Marriott, Melville, NY.
Janice will present, “Common Defenses to the Malpractice Action and Related Causes of Action.”
Lawsuits against lawyers arising from errors and/or omissions in the performance of legal services are on the rise. It is now an integral part of a law firm’s business practice to evaluate its legal risk and malpractice insurance needs. This program is designed to educate attorneys on how to prosecute and/or defend a legal malpractice action. In addition, this program will educate attorneys about their legal malpractice exposures, what they should do in the event that a lawsuit is filed against them, and what they should do when situations arise that indicate that a legal malpractice claim is likely. Both solo practitioners and members of larger firms would benefit from knowing how to assess professional liability risk and manage legal malpractice litigation.
This program will bring you up-to-date with important issues, such as how to:
- Identify potential legal malpractice claims and avoid professional liability risk
- Respond appropriately when you are aware of a situation that could reasonably lead to a legal malpractice claim, or when such a claim is made or threatened against you
- Identify the main elements of a legal malpractice suit
- Prosecute and defend a legal malpractice action through trial
- Understand the Attorney Disciplinary Process
- Interact with professional liability insurance companies
Earn 4.0 MCLE Credits, including 3.0 credits in Ethics and 1.0 credit in areas of Law Practice Management.
Click here to register for the conference.