Ben Malerba presents to the Physicians’ Reciprocal InsurersMay 23, 2012 | |
Ben Malerba, a partner in the firm’s Corporate & Commercial and Health Services Practice Groups, presented an educational session to Physicians’ Reciprocal Insurers, a group of underwriters and managers predominately from the Department of Hospitals and Special Programs. Some of the topics that Ben addressed were:
- providing an overview of the current definitions of ambulatory care centers and portions of the state health code governing their authority;
- discussing various doctor driven or other corporate vehicles (PC, LLC) that are setting up ambulatory care centers;
- how are clients advised about insurance for their programs; who is on the team of advisors;
- what are the major issues from a regulatory and legal perspective;
- comments and thoughts about risk management and whether or not this is addressed as a facility is being developed from a staffing perspective;
- affiliation agreements – what are the details, are some better than others.