Daniel M. BernsteinAssociate
Daniel Bernstein focuses his practice on labor and employment, commercial litigation, and corporate law.
He represents and counsels clients on a wide range of matters involving:
- Federal and state wage and hour matters, including collective and class action defense
- Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and state and city Human Rights Law compliance and litigation
- Contract drafting and review
- Employee handbook drafting and review
- Federal and state Fair Credit Reporting Acts
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
In 2017, Dan was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star for the Upstate New York area.
Deeply involved in his community, Dan was a Board Member of Daughters of Sarah Nursing Center, Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York and Jewish Family Services of Northeastern New York. Dan was also a volunteer teacher for the Mifgash Community High School Program and has been a member of the Catskill Animal Sanctuary since 2015.
In 2017, the Jewish Federation of New York presented Dan with the Samuel E. Aronowitz Young Leadership Award.
477 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10022-5843
New YorkCourt Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New YorkBar Affiliations
New York State Bar Association
Albany County Bar AssociationEducation
Albany Law School, Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, salutatorian
State University of New York at Albany, MS
State University of New York at Albany, BA, summa cum laude