News & Publications
August 6, 2014
June 17, 2014
April 16, 2014
April 16, 2014
August 1, 2013
July 5, 2013
April 17, 2013
August 21, 2012
June 22, 2012
May 10, 2012
November 14, 2011
June 16, 2011
March 5, 2010
January 8, 2010
November 17, 2009
July 22, 2008
Barry I. Levy
Barry I. Levy is a Partner in the firm's Directors & Officers Liability, Litigation & Appeals and Employment & Labor Practice Groups, resident in the Uniondale office. Mr. Levy's practice focuses on the representation of individual and institutional clients in the insurance, healthcare, financial services and labor/employment arenas where he provides counseling and litigates complex issues on their behalf. Mr. Levy has served as lead counsel on behalf of a wide array of clients and has successfully tried numerous complex cases in federal and state courts both inside and outside of New York. Among the areas within his practice include:
- Counseling to healthcare, automobile, property, fidelity and life insurers on claims handling practices and investigation techniques, and working with them to develop fraud prevention, detection and recovery plans.
- Representation of insurers in the defense of litigation challenging claim handling practices and seeking payment involving fraudulent claims.
- Prosecution of affirmative actions to recover claim payments made by insurers to physicians, medical clinics, attorneys, public adjusters and others involved in systemic claims fraud schemes.
- Representation of national and regional clients in the investigation and prosecution of affirmative litigation to recover assets lost as a product of defalcation and complex fraud and kickback schemes.
- Representation of welfare plans and pension plans as well as their Boards of Trustees and plan administrators in matters concerning ERISA compliance, fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction provisions, challenges to plan denials of claims for benefits, challenges to investment decisions as well as delinquent employer contribution and collection claims.
- Representation of clients in federal and state litigation, arbitration, mediation and administrative proceedings in matters relating to collective bargaining, work-place employment practices (including discrimination and sexual harassment), reductions in-force and other restructurings, employment policies and procedures, employee discipline and discharge as well as employment agreements, restrictive covenants and wage and hour practices.
Other Cases of Interest:
- Andrew Carothers. M.D., P.C. v. Allstate Insurance, et. al (Richmond County 2008)
- Commer v. McEntee, et al., 2007 WL 2327065 (S.D.N.Y. 2007)
- Paulino v. New York Printing Pressmen's Union, Local Two, 2008 WL 5083493 (2d Cir., December 3, 2008)
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company v. James M. Ligouri, MD, PC, et al., 2008 WL 5204468 (E.D.N.Y. December 12, 2008)
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company v. Robert Scott Schepp, MD, et al., 2008 WL 1994856 (E.D.N.Y., May 08, 2008)
- St. Paul Travelers Insurance Company, v. Dipak Nandi, et. al., 2007 WL 1662050 (Sup. Ct. Queens Co., May 25, 2007).
926 RXR Plaza
Uniondale, New York 11556-0926
PHONE (516) 357-3149
FAX (516) 357-3333
U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second and Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
New York County Lawyers' Association, Committee on Federal Courts
Ohio State University College of Law, Juris Doctor
The Ohio State University and Oxford University, B.A.